Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 7

October 3 - October 9, 2010

Monday 3:30 - 5:30
Tuesday 11:30 - 5:30
Wednesday 3:30 - 5:30
Thursday 11:30 - 5:30

Total Hours: 16

There's a much lighter mood in the office this week. The deadline pressures are off, and people are more relaxed. We had celebratory cupcakes from Cuppies and Joe, and we even left a little early on Friday.

It's always a good feeling. When you've worked so hard at something and the payoff finally comes, the soul commands that you revel in your victory. I suspect this is how I'll feel when I finally graduate too. After more than 10 years of college, I will undboubtedly want to shout from the highest mountain top. Most people will think I'm crazy. But, who cares? I'll probably do it anyway!

I was asked to do some research this week, so I believe we will waste no time getting started on the next issue. I suppose that's good. I don't do very well when I'm bored.

And, just when I thought I would do nothing but research and factchecking in this internship, the assistant editor asked me to put together the Events Guide for the Jan/Feb issue.

Isn't that exciting? I will have my very first byline in a magazine that people actually pay cash money for. My mom will be so proud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment