Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 6

September 26 - October 2, 2010

Monday 3:30-5:30
Tuesday 11:30 - 6:00
Wednesday 3:30-6:00
Thursday 11:30-6:00

Total Hours: 17.5

Things are getting really intense, since the magazine has to be done at the end of October.

I went to the creative offices this week, to give one of the editors some updated information. It was a very nice downtown OKC office in an old building, and it was very casual. I wouldn't mind working in a laidback atmosphere like that, as opposed to the corporate world of cubicles. So blah, so dehumanizing!

Plus it was very near the McNellie's in OKC. Next time I have to drop off something at the end of the day, I will stop off for a pint or porter. That's how they order beer in Ireland. "I'll have a pint of porter." I'm not sure if Guiness is porter, but it looks very similar to the porter I drank in Ireland-dark and rich.

The work is the same. I'm just researching and factchecking, - a lot! On Thursday I didn't even have time to go down to "The Buzz" for a latte. No worries, though. We'll get through it. And probably in the next week or two, things will slow way down.

I can't wait to see what the theme of Jan/Feb issue will be. This military issue has been very educational. I've learned so much about the military and about military institutions in Oklahoma. I can't wait to learn about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment