Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 3

September 5 - September 11, 2010

Monday - Labor Day
Tuesday 11:30 - 5:30
Wednesday 3:30 - 5:45
Thursday 11:30 - 5:30

Total Hours: 14.25

For a short week, it was very busy. The holiday made tracking people down tricky, but I managed to finish 4 of the 5 stories I was factchecking.

The magazine is working on a military issue for Veterans Day. Some of the stories are very interesting, which is kind of the neat thing about what I'm doing. I get to read all the stories before anyone else does.

It's heartwarming really, to see how the state of Oklahoma supports veterans. My family has a rich history with the military. Besides a plethora of uncles who served in WWII and Korea, my brother served in Viet Nam with the U.S. Air Force, and my son served in Iraq with the Marine Corps.

Because I know firsthand the challenges veterans face when they come home, I am deeply grateful to those who donate time, money and resources to support the men and women of our military. They sacrifice more than many can imagine in service to our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment