Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 2

August 29 - September 4, 2010

Monday 3:15 - 5:30
Tuesday 11:30 - 5:30
Wednesday 3:30 - 5:45
Thursday 11:30 - 5:30

Total Hours: 16.5

I had forgotten how cold business offices could be! Although it's 95 degrees outside, I have to dress for winter inside. Jackets are a must. Plus, they hide a multitude of sins.

My internship at Oklahoma Today is going very well. I get to talk to many different kinds of people on the phone as part of the factchecking process. It's one of the things about journalism that I love-talking to interesting people and learning about interesting topics.

Since OT is a bi-monthly magazine, the deadlines are not as tight as they would be at a monthly publication. I think this is helpful to someone learning the business.

It is getting busier, though. I was given 5 stories to factcheck this week. But, so far, it's tons of fun.

My editor told me I will make a good journalist this week. She said having real-world experience is helpful in what I'm doing. This was a truly wonderful thing to hear, since I thought being old was a detriment. Interns are supposed to be twenty-something. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment